Friday, April 6, 2012

THE STINK BUGS ON THE BALTIMORE COUNTY COUNCIL


June 8, 2011 - Ten months ago, five members of the Baltimore County Council told the immigrant residents of Baltimore County that they had no representation on the Council:


TowsonPatch June 8 2011: “Council Majority Supports Repeal of In-state Tuition for Illegal Immigrants. Opponents of the ballot initiative say effort is representative of the county’s difficult history with racial issues.”


Emma Lazarus wrote give me your tired, your poor
Kathy Bevins of the 6th District, says send them away -
especially if they graduated high school

Lady Liberty announces huddled masses yearn to breathe free
Chairman of the County Council John Olszewski (7th District), says
Unless they are doing my lawn, I don’t give a shit

Lady Liberty pleads, send the homeless, tempest-tossd to me
Fifth District’s David Marks says, the homeless and the tempest-tossed
are not part of my constituency

Don’t turn away the wretched refuse, Lady Liberty pleads
Third District’s Todd Huff says, they are human garbage!
They get no sympathy from me

Lady Liberty announces, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
Lemming Vicky Almond (2nd District) signs on, says nothing, and by that,
snuffs out the Lady’s lamp
Hatred is not a line item in the county budget
Oh, yes! says David Marks
Fear-mongering is not a line item in the budget
Oh, yes! says John Olszewski
Denigration of high school graduates is not a line item
Oh yes! says Kathy Bevins
Cowardice, facing racism, is not a line item
Oh Yes! says Vicky Almond
To demean innocent moreno kids is not a line item
Oh Yes! says Todd Huff

My Baltimore County, you have given us Spiro Agnew
and now these five . . .





No comments:

Post a Comment